Configuration software for Windows (STABLE firmware):
PLXDigi Configurator v1.04 (installer): download
PLXDigi Configurator v1.04 (zip file): download
Our devices are always shipped with latest STABLE firmware version.
Configuration software for Windows (DEVELOPMENT firmware):
PLXDigi Configurator v1.07 (installer): download
PLXDigi Configurator v1.07 (zip file): download
Device manual v1.04: download
Microsat devices feature comparison: download
MultiPath APRS packets decoding
In PLXDigi device we resigned from hardware packet decoding method. MultiPath APRS packet decoding algorithm is a digital signal processing based method utilizing features of modern 32-bit microcontrollers used in our devices.
MultiPath decoding allows to decode received packets simultaneously by two decoding algorithms, with different digital filters applied to both paths. Packets distorted by low-frequency components or with imbalanced 1200/2200Hz tones are prefiltered which increases the probability of correct packet decoding.
PLXDigi allows you to generate APRS data packets with information field defined by user and send them in a specified interval. In this way, it is possible to send beacons, objects, weather and telemetry data.
The main purpose of the device is receiving and sending APRS data packets via amateur radio transceiver. PLXDigi is capable of receiving an APRS packet, decoding the sender, recipent, path and information field. Then actions are performed in accordance with the options configured by user:
- Packet is digipeated via the APRS network,
- Packet is ignored if it was corrupted.
Device firmware implements the following mechanisms:
- Checksum Verification - packets with errors are ignored,
- Anti-flood - packets repeated in a short time interval are not forwarded,
- Path checking - a decision whether to digipeat a packet or not is made using a filter stored in configuration data of the device. User defines whether to forward WIDE1-1, WIDEn-N, SPn-N, or local path packets and the maximum value of N (so called New-N paradigm),
- Callsign filter - a simple callsign filter allows you to add stations to black list (these stations will be ignored) or white list (only these stations will be digipeated).
Weather station support
PLXDigi allows you to receive weather information from weather stations via the RS-232 cable. Data is then encoded into the APRS packet and may be sent to APRS network at specified intervals.
Supported weather stations:
- LaCrosse/Technoline WS-2300,
- LaCrosse/Technoline WS-2350,
- Peet Bros Ultimeter 100,
- Peet Bros Ultimeter 800,
- Peet Bros Ultimeter 2000,
- Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100,
- Davis Vantage Pro (with RS232 datalogger),
- Davis Vantage Pro2 (with RS232 datalogger),
- Davis Vantage Pro Plus (with RS232 datalogger),
- Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (with RS232 datalogger),
Device allows you to send telemetry reports to APRS network. Possible telemetry channels are:
- input voltage,
- received APRS packets in 1 hour or 10 minutes window,
- digipeated APRS packets in 1 hour or 10 minutes window,
- packet decoding efficiency in 1 hour window or in the whole range from device power-up,
WXTelemetry module support (analog channels)
You can get more telemetry report options when using external WXTelemetry module. With WXTelemetry module you can measure and send following values:
- two current measurement inputs,
- two voltage measurement inputs,
- DS18B20 digital thermometer input.
WXBits telemetry module support (digital inputs/outputs)
You can use an additional WXBits module for reporting of digital input channels and administration of output channels. WXBits is a module which includes:
- 4 optocoupler digital inputs,
- 4 mosfet transistor open-collector outputs.
States of both inputs and outputs can be reported in APRS telemetry reports and outputs can also be controlled via serial port console.
Firmware and configuration updates
In PLXDigi you can do all firmware and configuration updates over an USB cable connection from your PC using a simple Configurator application.
Device printed circuit board
Below you can see a photo of a device PCB. It is a compact design mounted on a high-quality 2-layer PCB manufactured in Poland. Every unit is mounted and tested by me.